I’ve been eating bags of Early Bird Granola like there’s no tomorrow. I really love how it’s a perfect balance of sweet and salty. It’s expensive stuff, so I was thrilled to find a recipe for it online. Now I can make my own! I modified her Farmhand’s Choice recipe a bit based on my taste, and used less sugar. Thank you, Nekisia Davis - my life is now complete!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 cup raw pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut, pistachios, maple syrup, olive oil, sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake, stirring every 10 minutes, until granola is toasted, about 45 minutes.
- Remove granola from oven and season with salt. Let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.